Lindsey Street Bridge Seed Sower finally unveiled
Federal, state and local officials gathered on the Lindsey Street bridge for its official dedication, and the unveiling of Steven Weitzman‘s Seed Sower art panel last Friday, October 27th. The bridge, which was opened in July, represents the most recently completed overpass in one of the largest construction projects in Oklahoma’s history.
“This gives Norman a unique identity as the home of the University of Oklahoma“, Republic Bank and Trust President and CEO Chuck Thompson said on the image of the Seed Sower, intended to represent the spread of knowledge across the state. -The Norman Transcript
See photos of the project renders, construction and dedication here!
PHOTO: Scott Martin (President and CEO of the Norman Chamber of Commerce), David L. Boren (President of the University of Oklahoma), Lynne Miller (Norman Mayor), Steven Weitzman (President and CEO of the Creative Design Resolution, Inc.), Mike Patterson (ODOT Transportation Secretary), Mary Fallin (Oklahoma Governor), Jim Inhofe (U.S Senator), Gary Ridley (Former ODOT Transportation Secretary)
- Oklahoma state and local officials dedicate Lindsey St. bridge over I-35 (NewsOK)
- Sooner homecoming celebrated with dedication of I-35, new Lindsey St. bridge in Norman (AASHTO)
- OU President David Boren, Oklahoma leaders dedicate Lindsey Street bridge (OU Daily)
- Officials gather to dedicate Lindsey Street interchange, artwork (Norman Transcript)
- Lindsey Street bridge Dedication Gallery (NewsOK)
- Walk to remember: Hundreds turn up for Lindsey Street Bridge opening celebration (Norman Transcript)
- Lindsey’s completion means better streets (Norman Transcript)